Maths problems can be related to neuro-motor immaturity in the following ways:
- Difficulties with visual tracking (horizontal) necessary for reading instructions or (vertical) for aligning columns correctly
- Vestibular problems which can influence spatial skills necessary to understand spatial relationships, geometric forms, patterns etc.
- Visual-motor integration difficulties
- Visual perceptual problems
- Sequencing necessary for remembering sequences of information (eg multiplication tables), and following instructions and carrying out procedures
- Inter-hemispheric communication necessary to solve problems
Our Dyscalculia page has more information on maths problems and dyscalculia which you may find interesting.