Attention, Balance and Coordination
The A, B, C of Learning Success
In Attention, Balance and Coordination, Sally Goddard Blythe explores the physical basis for learning. She explains the importance of early reflexes, their functions in early development, and their effects on learning and behaviour if retained. Goddard Blythe also investigates the possible effects that these early reflexes have on other aspects of development such as posture, balance, motor skills and susceptibility to stress and anxiety in later life.
Attention, Balance and Coordination also includes:
- A review of relevant literature in the field
- A review of the origins of The Vestibular-Cerebellar Theory
- The Institute for Neuro-Physiological Psychology (INPP) Developmental Screening Questionnaire, together with an explanation on how its use and interpretation
- A chapter by Dr Peter Blythe looking at the development of the INPP Method
- The effects of neuro-developmental delay in adolescents and adults by Lawrence Beuret MD.
Attention, Balance and Coordination is the most up-to-date handbook for professionals involved in education and child development, providing a new understanding of the source of specific behavioural problems.
ISBN: 978-0-470-51623-2 Paperback
ISBN: 978-0-470-74098-9 Hardback